Friday, July 1, 2011

Feature You Friday - Random Thoughts Do or Di

Good morning, StitchStealers!

Today, we are featuring the blog musings of one of your fellow StitchStealers, Diane.  Diane sent her blog link to me, and I was wowed by the gorgeous photographs of her projects, hobbies and trips.  If you like quilting, sewing, gardening, cooking, or travel, I guarantee you will enjoy Diane's blog, Random Thoughts Do or "Di".

A few words Diane had to say about herself:
I am 58 years old, live in California and I am a SAHM to 4 grown sons. I have just celebrated my 39th wedding anniversary with my Mr. Romance. We love to travel, wine taste, go on food tours and photograph all of this.


We have 8 grandchildren.I love gardening, scrapbooking, baking, canning and quilting. I am passionate about quilting and blogging about quilting right now. I love reading all the blogs and learning so many new techniques. I love the look on someone's face when I have made them a quilt. I think handmade gifts are the best.


I have recently been joining several swaps and bees to connect with the quilting community. I find that quilt bloggers are a very loving and friendly group and I am happy to be a new part of this social circle. I will be celebrating my blogaversary in August with some handmade giveaways.
Here is one of her beautiful quilting projects, her Circle Me Back to Amsterdam quilt, which she made using fabrics she picked up on her travels.
Diane's latest quilt below, is a Hexagon Park in Giddy fabrics designed by Lynne of Lily's Quilts.  Diane made it for a dear friend with early onselt Alzheimer's disease (that blog post is here).     
Be sure to visit Random Thoughts Do or Di to see more of Diane's handiwork (and help her celebrate that "blogaversary" in August!)  Thanks for sharing with us Diane!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Would you like to be featured on a future “Feature You Friday”? It’s a great way to show off your skills, share your talents, or promote a business, blog or cause that’s dear to you.  All you need to do is send us a photo (or photos) of a project to the StitchSteals blog at blog@stitchsteals.com.  If you are chosen, your work (and links) will be seen by all of our StitchSteals Blog readers and Facebook fans.  Submit your photos today – we can’t wait to see what you have come up with!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me. I blogged about it here.
    http://randomthoughtsdoordi.blogspot.com/2011/07/im-featured-today-at-stitch-steals.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`ve been following Diane for a few months now and her blog is one of my favorites because it is so varied and beautiful. It`s always one of the first I check when I go hopping! Go check it out if you haven`t already and follow her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my sister! So happy to see her featured here - and you have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete