Friday, April 29, 2011

Feature You Friday - Girly gifts with the Silhouette

Good morning StitchStealers!

Today, I'm doing a little shameless showing off of a creation I made for two sweet girls who are having a birthday this week.  These twins are into different things - one is into Toy Story, and the other can't get enough of princesses.  They also love to be crafty (they are just like their mom, who is another CraftySteals fan!). 

I decided to make them each a basket of craft goodies - and since we all like to keep the paint and glue off of our kids' clothes, I thought I would give them some craft smocks.  On the hunt for some cute ones I went.  Okay, have you SEEN how much craft smocks go for these days? I couldn't find one for under $15! So, I did a little brainstorming, did some shopping at the craft store and in the Past Steals on StitchSteals.com, and came up with these beauties - personalized and much more affordable!


I used the purple and pink Silhouette heat transfer from the pastel bundle, and some Silhouette rhinestones (both on the StitchSteals past steal page).  As part of their basket of markers, paints, puzzles and crafts, I hope the girls love these craft aprons as much as I enjoyed making them!

Have a great weekend, and be sure to check out today's Riley Blake "Enchanted" line on StitchSteals - a gorgeous collection of fabrics perfect for your spring projects.


Would you like to be featured on a future “Feature You Friday”? It’s a great way to show off your skills, share your talents, or promote a business, blog or cause that’s dear to you.  All you need to do is send us a photo (or photos) of a project to the blog at blog@stitchsteals.com.  If you are chosen, your work (and links) will be seen by all of our StitchSteals Blog readers and Facebook fans.  Submit your photos today – we can’t wait to see what you have come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment