Friday, June 3, 2011

Feature You Friday - Quilted projects by Angela

Good morning StitchStealers!

We are on a quilting roll the past few Fridays.  Today we are featuring another of your fellow StichStealing quilters, Angela:
Hi everyone!  My name is Angela and I have a long time passion for sewing and fabric.  It all began when I was a little girl and my mom would sew some simple clothes for me.  There was a dress in the pattern books that looked like Little Bo Peep that I adored.  I begged her to make it for me, but with my four brothers she didn't have the time.  So she told me to learn to sew so that I could make it for myself.  I still think about that dress...I never did make it.  As you can imagine it was ridiculously complicated for a young seamstress.
  
I continued to sew garments for myself up through high school and got a job with a local fabric store chain.  It was there that I was exposed to quilters and their patterns.  My love of math and geometry and sewing were all a match made in heaven in the world of quilting.  I made my first quilt for my college dorm room and I've never looked back.  I made at least one quilt a year until a few years ago when I started sewing even more seriously.  Now I'm always working on entirely too many projects and really starting to enjoy designing patterns as well.  I want to try every technique out there and my husband thinks I want to buy every fabric out there too!
Here are just a few of her colorful quilted projects:
Angela also has a blog, Cut To Pieces, and a Flickr account, where you can see more of her completed projects.  Go check them out - there are some very cool pieces - and even more amazing is that she does all of this with a toddler running around!  Thanks again for sharing, Angela!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Happy Stiching and "Steal"ing!
Would you like to be featured on a future “Feature You Friday”? It’s a great way to show off your skills, share your talents, or promote a business, blog or cause that’s dear to you. All you need to do is send us a photo (or photos) of a project to the blog@stitchsteals.com. If you are chosen, your work (and links) will be seen by all of our StitchSteals Blog readers and Facebook fans. Submit your photos today – we can’t wait to see what you have come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment