Friday, March 25, 2011

Feature You Friday: Bid on a fabulous bag for Cystic Fibrosis!

Good morning StitchStealers!

Your fellow StitchStealer, Frances, made an adorable bag that she is auctioning off for Cystic Fibrosis, in honor of her friend and her friend's sister.  Here is part of the email that she wrote to me:
"I have the most wonderful friend. Her name is Mary (Meroney) Frey. She has Cystic Fibrosis, and she is truly a magnificent light in this world. Her sister, Rachel, has CF as well and has recently undergone a double lung transplant! While reading a blog post by Rachel's husband while she was recovering (recovering rapidly might I add) I was so inspired. I was inspired by so many things! So I sat down and I created this bag. I love this tote, and I feel the only appropriate thing to do with it is to auction it off and give 100% of the proceeds to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation."
And here is the bag that Frances created:


A little about the bag: 
"The bag transforms from a tote bag, to a Slouchy purse. It has satin ribbon ties, a key fob to clip your keys, and 2 padded pockets inside. The strap is attached to sturdy D-rings, and the whole purse is quilted in lovely, organic, horizontal lines. I used a light interfacing to give some body, but it is still soft and "slouchy."
Here's a little something about the bag's creator, Frances:
Now, to bid on the bag, and have those profits go to Cystic Fibrosis, here is what you need to do:

Go to: the Bibeez Baby Facebook page

"Like" the page (so you can see it), and enter your bid in the comments section.
The auction ends Tuesday, March 29th.

If you'd like to see more of Frances' work, look around her Bibeez Baby Facebook page or check out her website, bibeezbaby.com.  hThanks, Frances for sharing your talents with us and for using those talents for a good cause!

StitchStealers, please keep sending in your creations to the StitchSteals blog for consideration for future Feature You Fridays! We are LOVING all of the things you are showing us so far!


Before I send you off to create, I have one more thing! If you haven't noticed yet, StitchSteals is moving quickly towards 10,000 Facebook fans. We are THRILLED that you are all spreading the StitchSteals love to your friends.  Keep suggesting us, and we promise to have some fabulous prizes for the day when we hit 10,000. Let's see how fast we can get there!

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What great fabric, and what a good cause!
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberlee! I had that fabric FOREVER and never knew what to do with it until the day I made this. Now I'm sad that the fabric is all gone!

    ReplyDelete